Hillside Shopping Centre has a reputation for – and a commitment to – superlative service to its customers and to integrity in everything we do. As part of this commitment, Hillside Shopping Centre respects the privacy of our customers by meeting or exceeding the standards set by law.
The nature of the personal information we collect may include:
- Information we receive from customers on applications or forms such as the Customer Service Comment Card.
- Information we receive from customers who participate in contests that require the completion of a ballot.
Providing customers have granted consent, Hillside Shopping Centre may use the information we collect from customers for the following purposes.
- Assurance of a person’s identification when borrowing Hillside Shopping Centre’s property such as strollers, wheelchairs and walkers.
- To inform a customer they have won a Hillside Shopping Centre contest.
- To offer products and services that may be valuable to our customers.
- To better understand the demographics and needs of our customers.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Hillside Shopping Centre does not share personal information on its customers with any subsidiaries or outside organizations, however, from time to time, Hillside Shopping Centre may outsource its customer mailings. Any organization in possession of personal information from Hillside Shopping Centre during these mailings, must abide by the same privacy principals and laws as Hillside Shopping Centre.
Hillside Shopping Centre’s Privacy Promise
While information is important in our ability to provide superior customer service, our most important asset is our customers’ trust. Keeping customer information secure and using it only as our customers would want us to is a priority for all of us at Hillside Shopping Centre. Here then, is our promise to our individual customers.
1. Hillside Shopping Centre is responsible for personal information in its possession or custody, including information that has been transferred to a third party for processing.
2. At the time any personal information is collected, Hillside Shopping Centre will inform the customer concerned of the purpose for which the information is being collected.
3. Hillside Shopping Centre will not use customers’ personal information other than the purposes it was collected for and granted consent for. A customer may withdraw his or her consent at any time.
4. Hillside Shopping Centre will not collect any personal information that is not reasonably necessary for the legitimate purposes identified and for which consent has been obtained.
5. Personal information will be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of its purpose.
6. Personal information collected, used and disclosed by Hillside Shopping Centre will be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is being used.
7. Personal information will be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
8. Hillside Shopping Centre will provide specific information about its personal information handling policies and practices to any individual upon request.
9. Any customer may request confirmation of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and will be given access to that information.
Hillside Shopping Centre will quickly respond to any concerns a customer may have regarding our personal information handling practices or the manner in which their personal information has been collected, used or disclosed.
Accessing Information or filing a complaint
Please write, phone or email us to file an inquiry or privacy complaint.
Hillside Shopping Centre
21 – 1644 Hillside Avenue
Ph: (250) 595-7154
Fax: (250) 595-2100